Striking Reply To A Strike Among The Parody Poets
While, without, his men were crying
'Shorter hours and better pay'
perspicacious statesman, sighing,
wondered how he could obey.
Ploughman? Most plod, few poetic.
Norman armies? Spent their day.
This leaves homeless, diabetic,
those with Special Needs. Who'll pay?
Zephyr, cyclone? Radars pinging
satellites spy ere anchors weigh.
Holds filled, cams stilled, shanty singing,
skippers swill till stars display.
Yet the latter, thoughtless wringing
from the seven seas fish stocks
their own boats are swiftly burning -
shoal supplies caught on the rocks.
Chickens coming home to roost as
twenty first - last - century -
seeds starvation: rockets boost as
climate change deals drought fury.
Minstrels now by electronic
wavelengths long have been displaced:
digital - no hands - harmonic
angel tunes are copy-paste.
Minstrel Boys? Wars now by proxy
drone above skies distant while -
mocking virtue - orthodoxy,
crimes unpunished scarce face trial.
Lochinvar, gone west, has vanished,
roles reversed, men homeward stray
to the kitchen, nursery banished
madam henceforth pays her way.
Not even Marx remains for burning,
time to kill most will grow grey
VOD online is tu[r]ning
channel free to channel pay.
Rat politicians' shortfall planning
indicate at our expense
they thrive, fatten: immortal damning
deserve, pay Paul with Peter's pence.
Shelley, Kipling, bards prolific,
their successors underscore,
the need for ambiance terrific,
higher earnings, free time more.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Striking Reply To A Strike Among The Parody Poets by Jonathan ROBIN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- The ship of the desert, gajanan mishra
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- two line, Razaur Rahman
- WHERE STUPIDITY REIGNS, Michael P. Johnson
- Dillema of Poor, hafiz qasim
- The way Of Man, Tony Adah
- God, Save Me From Indian English Poets (.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Hollow Reed, Midnights Voice
- गोजां बोथोर - सोरबा नागिरदोँ गुदुं गुदुं, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra