Janice Windle (UK)
(Stuff and Nonsense) Limericks Schlimericks
Recently I heard a poet say that limericks should not rhyme because there is no rhyme for the word 'limerick'. This seemed flimsy reasoning to me but anyway I set myself to find some rhymes for Limerick. Here are some of the (very silly) results:
Said a poet composing a limerick
'I'll share an ice cream with my love and give him a lick'
She wrote down her rhyme
And he said 'about time,
And I'd appreciate it if we could take in a flick.'
A poet composing a Limerick
Said finding a rhyme gave him quite a kick.
He rhymed Clever with Ever
And Weather with Whether
And found that he'd written a Cork
A poet who always wrote limericks
Was known as a terrible cleverdick.
They said that her verse
Was sarcastic and terse
Or silly and smart-arsed - you take your pick!
Poet Other Poems
- (Amsterdam) The Etcher
- (Amsterdam) The Jewish Bride
- (Amsterdam) Upstairs and Downstairs at ...
- (For Dónall) A Summer Day - To Dóna...
- (For Dónall) And Why Not? / To the ...
- (For Dónall) Meeting
- (For Dónall) Portrait of a Poet, Sl...
- (For Donall) Inside, Outside
- (For Dónall) Chemistry
- (For Dónall) Gifts
- (For Donall) My Birthday
- (For Dónall) One of Those Nights (2)
- (For Dónall) Return to Stratford upon...
- (For Dónall) Telephone cuddling
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.