Maria C. Costa
No line would ever have been composed
With so much passion, devotion,
Enthusiasm, inspiration, pure love,
If it hadn't been God's Mercy,
His Grace and Bounty!
Divine power's manifested
In manifold enchanting ways
Sending the Sun brighter
Overwhelming this soul-
Sunbeams from a pole.
Shining through images of Nature
From unique trees, chirping birds,
Sweetly-scented blossoming flowers,
Songs of joy, angelic melodies,
Powerful feelings, eternal memories!
A journey of spiritual growth
Along with love, truthful delight,
Even an enduring daily plight.
One couldn't realize another attitude
But send for good our gratitude!
Maria C. Costa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sublime Gift by Maria C. Costa )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Let us do good, Luo Zhihai
- Ask the tree, Luo Zhihai
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White