I have known only my own shallows -
Safe, plumbed places,
Where I was wont to preen myself.
But for the abyss
I wanted a plank beneath
I was afraid of the silence
And the slipping toe-hold…
Oh, could I now dive
Into the unexplored deeps of me -
Delve and bring up and give
All that is submerged, encased, unfolded,
That is yet the best.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Submerged by Lola Ridge )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Nile, Ruth Whitman
- Beautiful Hitchhiker, Ronald Chapman
- She Walks, Aparna Chatterjee
- Rain, Ronald Chapman
- A BIG LIAR, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grandma's Garden, Ronald Chapman
- Poems In Blank Verse, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- My Angel, Ronald Chapman
- Why Have YOU Awoken Me?, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Love, Tony Adah