Am I? Was I? Have I changed?
What happened to that girl who wanted only what other's wanted;
to serve and please.
I still feel submissive, but something has changed in me; after
many years of doing as other's say i find my voice, and it says 'no'
Does this mean i am no longer submissive? I do not think so.
I think i finally have something to say.
Submissive to someone you care about is a gift that only come's within
oneself, it can not be forced; unless you want no love, it can not be
shamed unless you want no respect; it can not be belittled unless
you want rebellion; submissiveness is a jewell to cherish and show
how pleased you are by giving back love, comfort and security.
Why have i missed this? what did i do? Why do i continue to fall in the
Submissiveness is a wonder; a wonder to behold
teri bronte's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Submissive by teri bronte )
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Work: The Noun that Verbs the World!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- oh my dear, sushant jha
- Dangerous Curiosity, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)