I rush to the bathroom & lock the door,
I can't stand this pain, I can't stand it any more!
I go to the cabinet for that lethal pill,
Knowing that this one will help or kill.
My parents recieved my letter of suicide,
Their now wondering if their son is now dead or alive?
They pounded & pounded & said open the door!
I said NO you don't have your son any more!
They asked why son are you doing this?
I said I love you & blew them a kiss.
I took the pill then my life started to dim,
My chance for survival was very slim.
The door flung open with tremoundous power,
This was such a horrible hour!
Why did I have to take my life?
Why did I have to cause them such pain & strife?
Something was wrong inside my head,
Sorry mom & dad your son is now dead...
Christopher Biddle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Suicide Letter by Christopher Biddle )
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)