I rush to the bathroom & lock the door,
I can't stand this pain, I can't stand it any more!
I go to the cabinet for that lethal pill,
Knowing that this one will help or kill.
My parents recieved my letter of suicide,
Their now wondering if their son is now dead or alive?
They pounded & pounded & said open the door!
I said NO you don't have your son any more!
They asked why son are you doing this?
I said I love you & blew them a kiss.
I took the pill then my life started to dim,
My chance for survival was very slim.
The door flung open with tremoundous power,
This was such a horrible hour!
Why did I have to take my life?
Why did I have to cause them such pain & strife?
Something was wrong inside my head,
Sorry mom & dad your son is now dead...
Christopher Biddle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Suicide Letter by Christopher Biddle )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc