Summer has been suspended this year;
nature has acceded
because all of summer's light and it's flowerings
are contained in you
coming into your majority.
Flowers bloom in those eyes
especially the blues and greens;
beauty caresses your body
alighting across those rose bud breasts
animal flora and mineral all align;
providing light for lovers in the gloaming night
who swim in their own perfumed senses;
beauty true is intoxicating.
I have tasted it
in your single kiss.
All can see why
Summer therefore concedes
there is no need
for her arrivals
because Summer's delights
have all been contained
in the form of you
in this Night Garden
of our delights.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer's Form by Lonnie Hicks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- eat it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI