Sun And Rain
At his brethren winked a cloud naughty
Saying, let us bring obstacles in the Sun's duty.
Let us cover him, though now it is summer
To bring on earth the scenes of winter.
For this new game all the clouds agreed,
To save the people from the Sun scorching.
To the Sun they covered and fully overlapped,
The rainy ones joined them with a smiling.
What a pleasent weather, the artists exclaimed,
The people came out being with heat quite bored.
You are my life, a man said embracing his beloved.
The clouds were amazed by the action of lovers
And uncovering the Sunasked rainy ones to rain.
The people at once enjoyed the Sun And the rain.
Ratnakar Mandlik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sun And Rain by Ratnakar Mandlik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Accumulation Of Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When, Victor Cruickshank
- Growth and Change, Victor Cruickshank
- A Class to Remember, Victor Cruickshank
- Dedication, Victor Cruickshank
- On his greatness, Laxman Rao
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves