I sometimes wonder why we do what we do.
What makes me any better or worse than
the next one
or the one before.
Some love all of their lives
reflect on what it means
still others never love at all.
I once knew
I now know,
I'll never know.
So move in and out
staring at the lights
as they dance around me
calling to bartenders
smiles and more,
heathens for more,
I can never fully dance
too lost in my own thoughts.
David DeSantis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (**Sunday morning by David DeSantis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher
- Withpout A White European Wife, One Cann.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- For Instance, Everything May Be Divisibl.., G.C. Waldrep
- A Bird Is A Desperate, G.C. Waldrep
- Area Of Dog, G.C. Waldrep
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep