Sunday preferred? Absurd! Who heard such thing
Unless one feels that life is regimented
Not by bliss met, kiss met, Fate's golden ring
Daily displayed, by nights' dreams supplemented.
All life is gift, why shift perspective, sing
Your Sunday 'freedom' when all's in the mind?
Spell out belief joy rests in everything
Untrammelled by old almanacs and find
New insight into all life's leaves may bring,
Despising those some calendar proclaims
As 'rest'! What's best is Carpe Diem! Wing,
Youth, through each day ignoring 'weak end' frames.
Sun shines through time to rhyme this sonnet's flow.
Day is today! There's little left to know!
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunday Sonnet by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss
- "...from neck to nuts", Jeff Gangwer
- They Have Been Sleeping in the War Zone, Ismim Putera
- Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- On mission, hasmukh amathalal
- WHITE DID HIS JOB, maqsood hasni
- BUT TWO MORE, maqsood hasni
- No selfish lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Time to annihilate, hasmukh amathalal