Sunflower's in the field
I came upon a field of sunflowers. Their pedals reaching to the sun for it's warmth and love. I stood amazed in it's beauty. The sparkling of the fresh dew of the morning dripping off like tears of joy.
Their aroma filled the air with fragrance of love. I noticed a bee. It wings emitting a humming sound. The sound so soothing I wanted to dream. I watched as the bee embraced the flower so carefully as if it found it's lost love. I stood in amazement as it was focused on this one and only flower.
I stood in the field and I looked up at the sky. The sky so blue and cloudless. The day was bright and I felt the warmth of the sun on my face. Joy over empowered me as I closed my eyes and took in all my senses.
As my eyes closed I became overjoyed with emotion. No longer was I standing in the field of sunflowers, but laying in the field of your love. Your hair brushed against my chin. Your soft skin touching my face. I open my eyes and I gazed on your smile. I felt as if I was the bee and embracing the flower and drawing in your love. I could feel you with all my essence. You laughed and my heart fluttered. Your eyes as blue as the sky warming every aspect of my soul. I closed my eyes
I came upon a field of sunflowers. Their pedals reaching for the sun for its warmth and love. Today I fell in love.
Tess Tessier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunflower's in the field by Tess Tessier )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow