Sunflower's in the field
I came upon a field of sunflowers. Their pedals reaching to the sun for it's warmth and love. I stood amazed in it's beauty. The sparkling of the fresh dew of the morning dripping off like tears of joy.
Their aroma filled the air with fragrance of love. I noticed a bee. It wings emitting a humming sound. The sound so soothing I wanted to dream. I watched as the bee embraced the flower so carefully as if it found it's lost love. I stood in amazement as it was focused on this one and only flower.
I stood in the field and I looked up at the sky. The sky so blue and cloudless. The day was bright and I felt the warmth of the sun on my face. Joy over empowered me as I closed my eyes and took in all my senses.
As my eyes closed I became overjoyed with emotion. No longer was I standing in the field of sunflowers, but laying in the field of your love. Your hair brushed against my chin. Your soft skin touching my face. I open my eyes and I gazed on your smile. I felt as if I was the bee and embracing the flower and drawing in your love. I could feel you with all my essence. You laughed and my heart fluttered. Your eyes as blue as the sky warming every aspect of my soul. I closed my eyes
I came upon a field of sunflowers. Their pedals reaching for the sun for its warmth and love. Today I fell in love.
Tess Tessier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunflower's in the field by Tess Tessier )
- Divine Union!, Manjuri Neogi
- Never Let Anything Go, Tony Adah
- How Can I Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)