I dream the Florida of Body Heat
With Kathleen Turner twisting in her dress,
Wind chimes unsettling my sweaty sleep
And lovers marinating in deceit.
It is a place of sudden lusciousness
Where sheriffs know to bury bodies deep,
The trailer parks are called communities
And reptiles wait for opportunities.
As swamp gas rises near the local drive,
Old men debate an alien event.
I curse slow traffic off I-95
Though handmade signs remind me to repent.
Past reeds and strip-mall parking lots I drive,
Still wondering where Kathleen Turner went.
AM Juster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sunshine State by AM Juster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am Just So Glad, Rohit Sapra
- The Rain(বৃষ্টি), Bhaskar Rabha
- Vistas, Odell Shepard
- Earth-Born, Odell Shepard
- An Old Inn By The Sea, Odell Shepard
- WeltMeisterSchaft (poem is in English!), Stephen Wylie
- Drunken Magistrate, Ravindra Kumar
- FOR A DESIRABLE WORLD, Satish Verma
- A Love Mathematics, Ebi Robert
- Ne emer tee drejtesise, skender iljaz braka