Who will be World top Super Power in a decade from now
To Asia's waking giant will all others bow
For like every Human Being every Super Power has it's day
And number 2 takes over when number 1 fades away.
In human history many Super Powers have come and gone
But life in the big World out there it goes on
And too much power always seems to go to the leader's head
In the wake of the struggle for power far too many lay dead.
The Super Powers like the Seasons they come and they go
But of the lessons of history too few wish to know
That those who abuse their power as a Super Power does not stay
For arrogance and power drunkeness there's a price to pay.
So many great Super Powers in the distant past
But like everything in life nothing is meant to last
In Asia a sleeping giant is beginning to wake
A great threat to all as his move to the top he will make.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Super Powers by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest
- Our Country, Edgar Albert Guest