I search the network,
Find ‘retirements’ in a stereo type pattern.
My daughter exclaimed “Retirement “!
She sent a photo of a wrinkle-faced woman
wearing a serene smile,
God knows her age, climbing hill shouldering
a lot of firewood.
She shoot the granny at Darjeeling Hills.
Each of the ladies taught me a lesson.
I remembered Paulo Coelho -
'In magic and in life - there is only the present moment, the now '.
Why should I waste time to fathom Time?
Why do I think of not doing the deeds still undone?
People moves fast, grows and develops,
leaving behind a spectacular kaleidoscope
and say- Time passes by.
No retirement, no stop, it is only a superannuation.
I shall grow further, develop to its peer,
Work is the Mantra of Life.
In reality -
the journey begins from mother’s womb
and finishes to the dust.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SUPERANNUATION by vidyut chakraborty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Feel sorry, gajanan mishra
- Marmalade Mountains…, Mark Heathcote
- O Policeman, Beat You Not The The Other .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raincoat, Kyle Schlicher
- Running Through The Cornfield, Kyle Schlicher
- I Cut Out The Words For This Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- HAPPINESS IS THE GREATTEST PLEASURE السع.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Don't be selfish, gajanan mishra
- OTHER POETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Overflowing (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence