I search the network,
Find ‘retirements’ in a stereo type pattern.
My daughter exclaimed “Retirement “!
She sent a photo of a wrinkle-faced woman
wearing a serene smile,
God knows her age, climbing hill shouldering
a lot of firewood.
She shoot the granny at Darjeeling Hills.
Each of the ladies taught me a lesson.
I remembered Paulo Coelho -
'In magic and in life - there is only the present moment, the now '.
Why should I waste time to fathom Time?
Why do I think of not doing the deeds still undone?
People moves fast, grows and develops,
leaving behind a spectacular kaleidoscope
and say- Time passes by.
No retirement, no stop, it is only a superannuation.
I shall grow further, develop to its peer,
Work is the Mantra of Life.
In reality -
the journey begins from mother’s womb
and finishes to the dust.
vidyut chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SUPERANNUATION by vidyut chakraborty )
- My Wife, KRISHNA SAMPATH KUMAR
- childhood, oskar hansen
- Fate's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)