SWEET DREAMS MY FRIENDS
Now I lay me down to sleep, to sleep, to sleep,
And I dream sweet dreams into the night.
Now I lay me down to sleep, and I Dream
I dream sweet dreams until the morning light.
Sweet dreams my friends, may you sleep well,
May all your dream, be dreams so bright
May you find happiness, smiles and joys,
Sweet dreams for you all, until the morning light.
My dreams are my reality, sweet in all respects,
They fulfill my lives expectations, my life's goal.
When I wake I am quite confused, I do not understand
It's as if I have two distinct lives sharing one soul.
Is that the way it is for you, do you live in your dreams
Is this time when were awake, a time of timid state.
I feel more alive when I am dreaming through the night
Time has changed so vividly, to correct it, it's too late.
Sweet dreams my friends, Sweet dreams in reality,
Sweet dreams, Sweet friends, Sweet love and sweet you.
I am so close to you all, while I dream, ever, ever so close,
Without my dreams I would be nothing, with nothing to do.
REB (FEB 2012) because my dreams are more real than life
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SWEET DREAMS MY FRIENDS by Rik Bertrand )
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- THE MIND OF A BLACKSMITH..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)