SWEET DREAMS MY FRIENDS
Now I lay me down to sleep, to sleep, to sleep,
And I dream sweet dreams into the night.
Now I lay me down to sleep, and I Dream
I dream sweet dreams until the morning light.
Sweet dreams my friends, may you sleep well,
May all your dream, be dreams so bright
May you find happiness, smiles and joys,
Sweet dreams for you all, until the morning light.
My dreams are my reality, sweet in all respects,
They fulfill my lives expectations, my life's goal.
When I wake I am quite confused, I do not understand
It's as if I have two distinct lives sharing one soul.
Is that the way it is for you, do you live in your dreams
Is this time when were awake, a time of timid state.
I feel more alive when I am dreaming through the night
Time has changed so vividly, to correct it, it's too late.
Sweet dreams my friends, Sweet dreams in reality,
Sweet dreams, Sweet friends, Sweet love and sweet you.
I am so close to you all, while I dream, ever, ever so close,
Without my dreams I would be nothing, with nothing to do.
REB (FEB 2012) because my dreams are more real than life
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SWEET DREAMS MY FRIENDS by Rik Bertrand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Unquenchable, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everybody is selfish, hasmukh amathalal
- Rose Pink Flamingo Flurries Over Africa, mary douglas
- For The Moment, A Sanskrit Illumination, mary douglas
- This High Circus Life Has, mary douglas
- Perfect Christmas Stocking, mary douglas
- par, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Wind Has Caught The Tattered Rainbow.., mary douglas
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki