When negative enters the room,
You find the strength and willpower
To get up, walk away from the gloom.
Retreat to a distant place in the far
Reaches of your mind.
Back to a time when moments were
Captured in sepia-colored movies
Filled with dreams of running in
A time when fear of the unknown was
Covered by the glistening shield
Of the spirit of adventures.
Now, new dreams swirl around,
And beckon you towards the door
That leads to positive encounters.
Take the hand of the positive Spirit,
Hold it tight.
Step through the door into a new morning.
Wear the mantle of courage like a warm
Blanket for protection from the cold,
Piercing eyes of the dark night.
Choose joy as your travelling companion.
Ride with her on a train bound for
Starlit northern skies, to seek shelter
And dwell in a house of compassion.
Tie bells of hope around your feet.
Dance in that house to hypnotic rhythms.
Around and around, to and fro
Head held high never miss a beat,
Peace will hold you in a tight embrace,
Your new dancing partner
Close together for a long, slow waltz
Cheek to cheek, never let go.
A dance for all eternity
To the sweet music of the harper.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Dedicated to the ones who inspire me.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Escape by Valerie HutchinsonMorgan )
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL