Sweet fragrance of May!
I still remember that white dress,
That smile that brightened up my day!
That sparkle in those deep black eyes!
That sweet fragrance of May!
I wanted to do a somersault,
Just so she'd know I was there!
Or maybe I should sing and dance,
Or maybe I needed longer hair?
She smiled and offered me a greeting.
I stammered back 'he-ll-o! '
she must've thought I was retarded,
my knees suddenly felt like jello!
Ah! love is crazy and stupid at first sight,
makes all of us feel dumber!
but I think I did myself quite well!
To walk away with her phone number! :)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet fragrance of May! by Kuriakose Punnilathil )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Progress of the gospel, Alex Adeoye
- Death is Way Overrated, Francie Lynch
- Pollywog Tom Ridge, Richard Thripp
- What I Hold Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...