Sweet fragrance of May!
I still remember that white dress,
That smile that brightened up my day!
That sparkle in those deep black eyes!
That sweet fragrance of May!
I wanted to do a somersault,
Just so she'd know I was there!
Or maybe I should sing and dance,
Or maybe I needed longer hair?
She smiled and offered me a greeting.
I stammered back 'he-ll-o! '
she must've thought I was retarded,
my knees suddenly felt like jello!
Ah! love is crazy and stupid at first sight,
makes all of us feel dumber!
but I think I did myself quite well!
To walk away with her phone number! :)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet fragrance of May! by Kuriakose Punnilathil )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Sensation Of Cleansing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A vase of flowers, Leong Ming Loong
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra