In a world that is ruled by pompous idiots,
and marked by war and destruction,
anyone would search for release.
Somewhere were life doesn't matter,
where all are happy,
and earth is treated with respect.
People dream of this life,
but really never obtain it,
only a sad copy.
But in places untouched by humanity,
were plants thrive and animals rule,
the dream lives on.
Such places are dwindling,
population reeks control over wildlife,
let us help fight back.
Fight back, and look for relief,
look but don't touch,
and respect the ground you walk.
Only then can you find sweet release.
Angelic Warrior's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*sweet release* by Angelic Warrior )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi
- Bird Protectors, Saiom Shriver
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher