Sweetie Keep The Faith
I would try to do all that I can
Now she's done!
Got a son and it's all bad
Took a different route...
Dissed the people she called friends
Little self respect
Tossed it all in the hog pin!
The brother doesn't care...
Resenting his own son
The very definition of a kid if I know one
I seen him last night...
Certified nouveau riche
Homie bought a few elites!
Got a spot onto a beach
Getting plenty of money
But not a dime goes to his seed
And I'm not a hater
But homie's child is calling me
And it's sad I'm not even in the family
Baby needs to break away!
Up the faith and start some planning
I will do what I can...
Here's the baby milk and diapers
But I'm only a friend
Plus my lady doesn't like it
You have another coming soon
I hear it's from another too!
Some people are liars...
So I don't know if that was true
Haven't talked for minute but know I'm tripping from the news
You should do what you think is the best
I used to tell you stay strong
Keep the faith and keep pressing
Baby has to hold on...
Pray you're getting this message
Remember way back then?
The elementary testing
I would look onto your paper
All alone you were guessing
Still splitting my sides...
Pay attention to lessons!
And this wouldn't be a poem that I'd end with a question
I'm really hoping that you get your life together
Focus on a dream
Stay calm, free, committed and true
Live right, stand strong and fight the devil
Now I'm trying to settle
Young kids thinking like we were grown
Now we're having families of our own
If a brother can't respect you baby leave him alone
Time flies by quick
Couldn't see where it's gone
A bitter picture...
What else is really there for me to say?
Shoot for a vision but just be careful where you aim
Money and violence won't get you anywhere but slain
Be diligent sweetie
And don't forget to keep the faith
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweetie Keep The Faith by Dexsta Ray )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal