Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Sylva Path. by Ray Subrata
Colossal life force initiates conflict with psychic ocean,
Father’s cancerous death at eight proves her a waif,
Iron will from within, and struggle undaunted,
Seeks the passages of a genius’s pains, trampling chains.
Hers is a study of psycho-elastic limit, that struggle colloids,
Verdurous- crimson –tide, with feelings of unequal that she hides,
Run rum pant from passage to passage, with pangs of isolation.
As editor, lecturer, poet, story writer, and novelist, she excels,
And as wife to Ted, and mother to son, Nicholas Farrar, well she deals,
But within there was always perils, and ‘lest should’ pricks hemmer age,
As her will decays from the event of her unborn daughter’s miscarriage.
Faith, the only stay, she fostered on her, and linked it to her man Ted,
Collapses like a quake, with Ted’s affair with Assia Wevill, and fades.
As a poetess of profound subconscious measure,
Sylva would be next to Shakespeare to her readers,
Awards, and Pulitzer Prize on her Collected Poems.
Install her on passage of times with immortal name.
Like Keats and Shelly, she had troublesome lease of 32 years to meet,
Had she lived an advanced life, monumental work she could create,
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sylva Path. by Ray Subrata by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Would you be my Muse?, maryline vautravers
- You don't deserve a title, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Don't wait, Marina Olivera Sangers
- I am an eagle, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Exactly what I am looking for, Diamond The Ninja
- You're the one with issues, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Words, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Am I Asking Too Much, GJG Elton
- Perfection, Marina Olivera Sangers
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers