Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
There are those who are writers.
And others who choose to be tantrum queens.
They are the ones demanding to be rated.
Demanding their submissions be assessed.
With a listing of their writings,
Read and reviewed.
If not those requested to do this,
Are discussed in forums and demeaned.
It's so obvious it is disgusting.
And it is those who are younger that do it.
With words drawn from concepts that are incorrect.
They have high expectations...
For something submitted less than their best.
Hoping for a rating as if competing in a contest.
Wishing that thoughts half expressed,
Makes a bridge to eliminate any guess work!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.