Tea and Harmony
Why do we sit drinking tea?
Is it really good for me?
Hired men of science make grand claims,
But profit is their actual aim.
A caffeine buzz is what we crave,
To turn it down is really brave.
To bond the group is the true goal,
It melds the parts into a whole.
So jealous egos fade away!
We hope that tea brings harmony.
Stephen Wylie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tea and Harmony by Stephen Wylie )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu