I cry everyones tears
my heart is heavy with pain,
the heaviness i cannot bear like the municipal sewage tanks in a squatter camp,
i burst and ooze out my disgusting contents
within me i have vesseled many ills
belonging to everyone around me,
barbarism, terrorism, racism injustice
the pain and sorrow of the dirty child walking barefooot in the dusty, garbage littered street.
the dreams and aspirations of the boy who had to dropp out of school due to lack of funds.
the expectations of the fatherand mother of the boy on the run from the police.
the expectations which once existed on their daughter who is now a mother of three bastards and is 'employed' at some 'firm' that only has night shifts.
the dissappointments, the shattered dreams.
i cry everyones tears,
the pain is too much
it is too raw and too deep reaching to ignore.
existence has just but become casual..................
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (tears by rue moyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- i'd like to be trapped in a small space .., Mandolyn Davidson
- Learning of deserving quality books is v.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- From lord, hasmukh amathalal
- Kept In The Shadow, John Ugolo Umah
- Your Attachments Speak Volumes, LUVinThe NOW
- Lended Life, John Ugolo Umah
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey