I cry everyones tears
my heart is heavy with pain,
the heaviness i cannot bear like the municipal sewage tanks in a squatter camp,
i burst and ooze out my disgusting contents
within me i have vesseled many ills
belonging to everyone around me,
barbarism, terrorism, racism injustice
the pain and sorrow of the dirty child walking barefooot in the dusty, garbage littered street.
the dreams and aspirations of the boy who had to dropp out of school due to lack of funds.
the expectations of the fatherand mother of the boy on the run from the police.
the expectations which once existed on their daughter who is now a mother of three bastards and is 'employed' at some 'firm' that only has night shifts.
the dissappointments, the shattered dreams.
i cry everyones tears,
the pain is too much
it is too raw and too deep reaching to ignore.
existence has just but become casual..................
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (tears by rue moyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Autumn Divine, Chris Schleier, Jr.