Tears! tears! tears!
In the night, in solitude, tears;
On the white shore dripping, dripping, suck'd in by the sand;
Tears--not a star shining--all dark and desolate;
Moist tears from the eyes of a muffled head:
--O who is that ghost?--that form in the dark, with tears?
What shapeless lump is that, bent, crouch'd there on the sand?
Streaming tears--sobbing tears--throes, choked with wild cries;
O storm, embodied, rising, careering, with swift steps along the
O wild and dismal night storm, with wind! O belching and
O shade, so sedate and decorous by day, with calm countenance and
But away, at night, as you fly, none looking--O then the unloosen'd
Of tears! tears! tears!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tears by Walt Whitman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra