A. P. Herbert
'I beg your pardon for the slight delay:
In half-a-minute Mr. Smith will play.
Meanwhile, here is a record I commend—
Though it may have to stop before the end.'
O Lord, to what a bondage have we come!
Not for a second may the Air be dumb.
And men apologize with abject words
If silence falls, and we can hear the birds.
March 25, 1945
A. P. Herbert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Technical Hitch by A. P. Herbert )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Memories, Sunny Chopra
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -57, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra