A crafty bunch indeed.
Insidious and serpentine.
You couldn't call them noble
Even on a generous sort of day.
Spoon feeding the public lies with their breakfast.
Nice warm lies to go with the piping hot roast beef dinner.
Every day they spin ever-decreasing, tangling webs
And we tune in to see if we think they're coated with honey.
They are not.
Not by far.
They used to call it whitewashing, then it was blanketing.
Today's technology-aided world leader
Is getting along fine with his new assistant.
He puts it on in the mornings before the makeup for the cameras.
It's paid for by the tax payer.
It's his new, five thousand dollar
Armani-made teflon coated suit.
It's a weapon.
Dressed to kill.
It's own kind of bomb.
No dirt can get to him with this suit.
All he has to do is remember to wash his hands clean.
But he's had years of practice at THAT, so he's fine.
They'll all have one eventually.
Our Teflon-coated leaders shining like modern-day knights
Or so they'd have you believe.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teflon-Coated Leaders by Gary Diamond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Unforseen Reality, Seema Chowdhury
- The Stone Carver, John F. McCullagh
- Everglades, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Do Not Let Go Of God's Hands, Seema Chowdhury
- Be Ready to Move Forward, Seema Chowdhury
- My Two Friends, Naveed Akram
- *Sigh*, Michael McParland
- Mouna Vrata - The Vow of Silence., Hardik Vaidya
- Handle, Aparna Chatterjee
- Dorothy Slept In The Emerald Eye Of Cycl.., mary douglas