robbin nyakundi enigma
Tell me am I wrong to hunger for the gentle touch of my lady's hand.
Am I wrong to thirst for the weight of her head on my bare chest?
Tell me yee knowledgeable ones
Why you deem it unjust the craving I have for the gentle feel of my handmaid's seasoned skin.
How I yearn for the satisfaction that only her loins can offer……
Tell me why you sneer when on my shoulder she leans her troubled head and on my chest her tears dry….
Tell me why it troubles you to see the white of her smile when in my arms she lays…
Did I not sooth her from pain unfathomable?
Did I not give her love unconditional?
Did I not give her trust unmatchable?
And yes I admit her heart I have caused pain a few times in the past…and yes many a time I have caused a tear down her cheeks cascade….yes av brought her spirits down and her moods to swing…but why do you deem it just that she and I be laid asunder?
Tell me why you labour tirelessly to see us part even when to death that task was left?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me by robbin nyakundi enigma )
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A doggerel coin!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)