robbin nyakundi enigma
Tell me am I wrong to hunger for the gentle touch of my lady's hand.
Am I wrong to thirst for the weight of her head on my bare chest?
Tell me yee knowledgeable ones
Why you deem it unjust the craving I have for the gentle feel of my handmaid's seasoned skin.
How I yearn for the satisfaction that only her loins can offer……
Tell me why you sneer when on my shoulder she leans her troubled head and on my chest her tears dry….
Tell me why it troubles you to see the white of her smile when in my arms she lays…
Did I not sooth her from pain unfathomable?
Did I not give her love unconditional?
Did I not give her trust unmatchable?
And yes I admit her heart I have caused pain a few times in the past…and yes many a time I have caused a tear down her cheeks cascade….yes av brought her spirits down and her moods to swing…but why do you deem it just that she and I be laid asunder?
Tell me why you labour tirelessly to see us part even when to death that task was left?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me by robbin nyakundi enigma )
- Answers Within, James coupland
- Our World, James coupland
- Moving Pictures, Matthew Thomas Donovan
- When Forgiveness Can't Be Forgiven, Amitava Sur
- Have You Lost Your Human Values?, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Haunted, James coupland
- How Blessed Are Those, Shalom Freedman
- Individual Reasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gentle Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #5, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)