Tell me when.
The night was calm but there were people everywhere.
I couldn't escape them
but part of me didn't want to.
I ran but they always followed.
Everywhere i looked they were there.
I feel hopeless and lost.
With unanswered questions ringing in my head;
why am i here?
What do I do now?
No one ever coming to help in my time of pain.
Things will work out i know that is true,
but how do i wait til that day comes?
Spinning faster and faster i feel as though I'm falling.
Words are around me now
but are not making any sense.
Trying to find myself but at the same time
trying to please everyone else.
Hard to choose who to believe
but wanting to know the truth.
When will i learn who i am?
When will i know the truth?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell me when. by Ashley Davis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1886 - 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland
- Come Be With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Change And Hope? What A Joke., Michael P. McParland
- Candy, Michael P. McParland
- Can I Belong?, Michael P. McParland
- Calling Voice, Michael P. McParland