Tell me when.
The night was calm but there were people everywhere.
I couldn't escape them
but part of me didn't want to.
I ran but they always followed.
Everywhere i looked they were there.
I feel hopeless and lost.
With unanswered questions ringing in my head;
why am i here?
What do I do now?
No one ever coming to help in my time of pain.
Things will work out i know that is true,
but how do i wait til that day comes?
Spinning faster and faster i feel as though I'm falling.
Words are around me now
but are not making any sense.
Trying to find myself but at the same time
trying to please everyone else.
Hard to choose who to believe
but wanting to know the truth.
When will i learn who i am?
When will i know the truth?
Ashley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell me when. by Ashley Davis )
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
- Wings On Winter, Don Blumenthal
- Muse, Stefan Pryce
- Life and Me., silenced work
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)