Tell Me Why I am Hindu?
Tell me Indra, tell me Varuna
Tell me please agni
Tell me Vayu why and
who called me a Hindu?
Tell me Pushan, tell me Soma,
tell me radiant Vishnu, Brahma
Tell me dikpalaka Niruti and Yama
Kubera, Ishana, who is a Hindu?
Tell Ganapathy with sympathy
why not many have empathy?
Hey Umapathy, Lakshmipathy
Tell me why I am a Hindu?
Is it because this world is an illusion
Is this body real or soul living within
Tell me Brahman, tell me paramatman
who is and why is this one a Hindu?
Tell me Mother Kali, tell me Saraswathi
Tell me who Allah of Musalman and
Who is Son of God Jesus, A Buddha or Jina is?
Is that I am Hindu because I don't know?
In Vedas it is said
Brahmana is Knower of Brahman
But when Knower himself is Brahman
aren't all Brahmana here?
Tell me! Tell me! please tell me
Am i Not simply
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me Why I am Hindu? by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)