Some people say:
if you have strength
you don’t need brain,
but I would like to say:
it doesn’t come with tennis.
If you take a racket and go to a court,
You better use your brain
but not the mass
which is called ass.
I would like to confess:
playing tennis is like playing chess,
you certainly need strength
but using your smartness
you’ll go to the length,
you’ll get your revenge
and it won’t be strange.
Larisa R (Odessa, Ukraine)
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tennis by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- perhaps I will zip thee, or is it thy? F.., Mandolyn ...
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan