Thank you for showing me what love really is.
Thank you for showing me it's more than just a feeling.
Thank you helping me trust others.
Thank you for teaching me lies.
Lies that will come back to haunt me.
Lies that will come back to scar me.
Lies that will break me, and tear me into pieces.
Thank you for ruining the best feeling I've ever had.
Thank you for showing me the world then giving me dirt.
Thank you for giving me the first brick to build my wall.
Emily Torres's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You... by Emily Torres )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)