Thank you for showing me what love really is.
Thank you for showing me it's more than just a feeling.
Thank you helping me trust others.
Thank you for teaching me lies.
Lies that will come back to haunt me.
Lies that will come back to scar me.
Lies that will break me, and tear me into pieces.
Thank you for ruining the best feeling I've ever had.
Thank you for showing me the world then giving me dirt.
Thank you for giving me the first brick to build my wall.
Emily Torres's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You... by Emily Torres )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers
- Cuba…..God's Betrayal……….Perhaps, James B. Earley
- Poetic-Spectator*, Tushar Ray