Your Friendship is more than you could ever know,
more than I could ever show.
Expression’s of gratitude of knowing you,
could only be to a friend that’s true.
For within you I seen beauty of the endearments of Gold,
yes, through the years of tested times, our friendship you behold.
Misunderstanding’s and limitation’s come may be,
is what you overlooked in me.
Determination in serving God,
and faithfulness is on top of your list
Ones that’s continues to over power the sadness of mist.
Thank You for not only teaching me,
but showing me the power of endearment that comes from Gold,
for just a little longer the painful old ways will no longer behold.
Yes Friendship can last through the strength and weaknesses of the past.
Whether to talk or cry, or live or die.
Oh, may that friendship continue to be found in both you and I.
(Poem to a Friend)
Esther Ayala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You by Esther Ayala )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Dwelling In Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Line to You, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Remedy to Find, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Inner Workings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colours, Daniel Rimero
- India's Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Love! Let's run away from light., SAK Reddy
- Journey Of Ancient Values, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You On This Day, Michael P. McParland
- The Blank Page, David Lewis Paget