Thanks my dearest friend
Some friends are created to show you
Who is best?
Loneliness or lies' test?
Yesterday, I had a strong belief
That a friend of mine will not betray her decorated kindness
Which seemed so convincing for my naivety!
Today, I wake up regretting the talks I've provided
And the poesy I have shared,
With such a masked fakeness!
A sentence from you,
And you've sentenced our friendship
To be never released from the dungeon of death!
Past is past now!
You criticized my sensitivity which you had to comprehend;
If I hated you much,
I would love you much, and would never be menaced by your ungrateful words!
Pity and thanks will always be revived
By the hurt you caused me today,
Thanks a million and thousands pennies!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks my dearest friend by Beloufa Chahra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale