That Love Of Yours
I've taken possession of that love of yours
that fills the earth's vessel till it overflows,
filling my eyes, filling my heart,
and filling my two hands.
How unbearable is this joy, that this love is so intense.
With the touch like arrows of its golden rays
the inner bud blooms, as quickly as grass.
Illumined in my heart, it brings jewel-inlaid riches;
that's why I'm wealthy, my joy will not perish.
With images ever new, this world has gratified me,
given as it is to praise, to perfumed blossoms dripping honey.
The diurnal light of sun, at every watch of the night,
merging hour by hour with your love's every letter, will set.
Ever-new messages I hear;
my heart is overcome - so in love I compose my answering letter.
Warmed from the Sindhu's expanse of river,
these clouds upon clouds of gentle moist air
ever bring these love letters, then carry them afar.
The eager heart grows devoted as an unmarried girl,
so it longs to compose scores upon scores
of ever-new messages of love and amours.
The heart fills with joy, grows voluble,
so I've gathered hence,
from the mortal earth, from the horizon's expanse:
impassioned, illumined, that love of yours.
[Translated by Carolyne Wright with Ayesha Kabir]
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Love Of Yours by Sufia Kamal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- POLICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Resurrection, Naveed Khalid
- The Wind, the Sun and the Moon, Anne Stevenson
- On Going Deaf, Anne Stevenson
- In the Orchard, Anne Stevenson
- THINKING OF YOCHANA, Terry Collett
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her happiness, Pradip Chattopadhyay