That Month July
Autumn months soon fade away
Spring rains skip town and leave no trace
But sun shone bright that summer day
When I first met you, face to face
It seemed as if no time had passed
'Til we were talking night and day
But summer never seems to last
And with time came our separate ways.
Years come and go, but moments stay
Hold with us through the stinging snow
Moments thought of night and day
Things I long to let you know.
Lifechanger, hero, mentor, friend
I could label you, but why?
The memories will never end
Thoughts linger, of that month July.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Month July by Brittany Speetles )
- whatt is life, akash mazumdar
- Today the boy I am, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- some time love is like, akash mazumdar
- One night will come, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Brush Spit Rinse Repeat, Foster Teegarden
- I Am going now, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Goals, douglas scotney
- The Amateur Poet Drives to his First Poe.., Daniel Brick
- Away, Foster Teegarden
- the day i'll go, akash mazumdar
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)