Palas Kumar Ray
The Animal I Fear Most
Which animal do I fear most if you ask me to name
I'll surely say it's the race human (though I'll feel a little shame) .
They are the cruelest beasts I've ever seen, heard and known
(I'm afraid you're getting angry with me and you surely frown.)
But if you allow me to tell and to justify what makes me to think
Such awkward thought I might try to tell you all about the link. .
Look, at the creatures that you have considered to be very cruel
Are all extinguished from the earth as the human started to dwell.
Wherever they lived, on earth or in very deep inside the sea
The race human surely killed them not listening to their plea.
They could not save themselves by their might in an unequal fight
With the race human and have lost their in-habitation and right
To live on earth as the God's creation with the boon of life
The race human have made them to perish using only a knife!
What I fear most of human race is it's very sharp brain that kills
Not only who belong to its enemies but also whomever it feels
Not in accordance with its wish or not useful to meet its lust
For just anything it may desire or not in match with it's thirst.
Whatever they are they'll have to perish be it an animal or plant
The race human as if has conquered the right to decide and grant
The bliss of life to which it feels will act for its selfish interest
And ensure it's shameless regime on earth and to kill the rest!
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Animal I Fear Most by Palas Kumar Ray )
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)