The Apt Caveat
At mid-noon today
Keeping the sun at its bay
Docile cloud roared and warned;
Where on earth were the grains warmed,
Infants being caressed on fading Bermuda grass lawn.
'Be warned, make me no more scapegoats
The earth cannot sail nor can float
And can never accomplish
On your own wish'.
Then, to couple with
A kite spotted at the zenith
Was there relaying afore made warn;
Left mankind stunned and muzzy on lawn,
Bells and drums heard being played at worship nooks.
'Be warned, complete darkness soon can fall
A true lesson indeed be it for you all
New scheme of life is plotted
Earth is being blotted.'
And lightening glowed
Then, in jiffy, thunder roared
Fauna rushed to their loved homes;
People shut doors, windows and domes,
The final warning poured the boon to mankind perhaps.
'Be warned! Earth looks so hellish and is at peril
I could grind to dust as grains in mill
Ozone is ill in the north
Inject No to CFCs henceforth
May ruin life on Earth'.
RUP POKHAREL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Apt Caveat by RUP POKHAREL )
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)