The Apt Caveat
At mid-noon today
Keeping the sun at its bay
Docile cloud roared and warned;
Where on earth were the grains warmed,
Infants being caressed on fading Bermuda grass lawn.
'Be warned, make me no more scapegoats
The earth cannot sail nor can float
And can never accomplish
On your own wish'.
Then, to couple with
A kite spotted at the zenith
Was there relaying afore made warn;
Left mankind stunned and muzzy on lawn,
Bells and drums heard being played at worship nooks.
'Be warned, complete darkness soon can fall
A true lesson indeed be it for you all
New scheme of life is plotted
Earth is being blotted.'
And lightening glowed
Then, in jiffy, thunder roared
Fauna rushed to their loved homes;
People shut doors, windows and domes,
The final warning poured the boon to mankind perhaps.
'Be warned! Earth looks so hellish and is at peril
I could grind to dust as grains in mill
Ozone is ill in the north
Inject No to CFCs henceforth
May ruin life on Earth'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Apt Caveat by RUP POKHAREL )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper