anthony, tony chabaputa
THE ART OF FIRE
THE ART OF FIRE.
In defiance of the trembling,
And the dancing,
And the excruciating,
And the smoking,
The most function understood and can be wielded best by fire is the art of heating,
And the art of lighting,
And the art of flaming
And the art of blasting,
And the art of burning!
The erinyes of a fire,
Can best be unveiled by the clatering of his repugnant song,
And through to the glinting of his flame dance.
Its not fire,
If it's not blistering,
The sprightliness of a fire,
An endowment from the son of heaven to the pure men,
And is at the same time a punishment upon the hellion,
Who by the lord of inferno has been sent to Scheol.
However, this nether region,
Harsh and corrosive in tone,
Is the very thing we are told,
A tale of, about the death fruit of not obeying and fearing God.
As you may see it forming,
The Eumenides of fire,
A dreadful thing it is,
Fire attracts me only when it is bonded with the holy smoke.
I have induced and dealt with various fires,
Yet not one with my hand have I touched.
An awful thing it is, I fear that one day,
The humans are to be adhered to dealing with the benighted physiognomy of fire,
And all will be wholly incinerated in the blackening lake of the sinister punishment,
Fire-erupting and fire-raising,
And fire whirling,
And fire catching!
And then, will mislay all this lecherousness in flames.
anthony, tony chabaputa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ART OF FIRE by anthony, tony chabaputa )
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)