anthony, tony chabaputa
THE ART OF FIRE
THE ART OF FIRE.
In defiance of the trembling,
And the dancing,
And the excruciating,
And the smoking,
The most function understood and can be wielded best by fire is the art of heating,
And the art of lighting,
And the art of flaming
And the art of blasting,
And the art of burning!
The erinyes of a fire,
Can best be unveiled by the clatering of his repugnant song,
And through to the glinting of his flame dance.
Its not fire,
If it's not blistering,
The sprightliness of a fire,
An endowment from the son of heaven to the pure men,
And is at the same time a punishment upon the hellion,
Who by the lord of inferno has been sent to Scheol.
However, this nether region,
Harsh and corrosive in tone,
Is the very thing we are told,
A tale of, about the death fruit of not obeying and fearing God.
As you may see it forming,
The Eumenides of fire,
A dreadful thing it is,
Fire attracts me only when it is bonded with the holy smoke.
I have induced and dealt with various fires,
Yet not one with my hand have I touched.
An awful thing it is, I fear that one day,
The humans are to be adhered to dealing with the benighted physiognomy of fire,
And all will be wholly incinerated in the blackening lake of the sinister punishment,
Fire-erupting and fire-raising,
And fire whirling,
And fire catching!
And then, will mislay all this lecherousness in flames.
anthony, tony chabaputa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE ART OF FIRE by anthony, tony chabaputa )
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)