Touching his canvas like a kiss
Soft and lingering
Or tantalizingly brief Is his brush
A baton conducting unfinished silent symphony.
As nomadic wind
Always refused to sit and pose.
Mixed in the palette
To be released
Like a caged song bird
To carol so sweetly again.
From that dark room of his mind
He grew a flower
That will never die.
Though the stolen scent
Will remain with his lost love
Along with moonlit rapture
In her eye.
As she haunts his masterpiece
In her flowing gown
Cascading of white
Under that chandelier
That he called starry night.
When his sanity finally faded
And desperation invaded
That troubled soul.
Black cloud marauded
As thunder applauded
Mocking the wonder of swirling pain.
As heaven's tears
Did masquerade as rain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Artist by Kevin East )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Every day feels scripted, Mark Heathcote
- It's Not Your Fault, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Beauty Of Moonlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- misguide., tiffany white
- Parallel Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- À L'ÉLU DE MON COEUR, Rosie Bourget
- Eagle, Luo Zhihai
- I Told You Often, Vera Sidhwa
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...