John Bannister Tabb
The Baby's Star
The Star that watched you in your sleep
Has just put out his light.
'Good-day, to you on earth,' he said,
'Is here in heaven Good-night.
'But tell the Baby when he wakes
To watch for my return;
For I'll hang out my lamp again
When his begins to burn.'
John Bannister Tabb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Baby's Star by John Bannister Tabb )
- Omnipresent should, gajanan mishra
- Haiku. Sunset (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.23, Monk E. Biz
- Haiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz
- A Recipe for Joyful Living, Valsa George
- BESTIE, Eleonor Santiago
- My Past, Tribhawan Kaul
- RETURN TO LOVE, Meggie Gultiano