The Battle Within
The drink in the glass,
The music in the air,
The silence in the night,
The darkness in the path;
Consoles me like my companion.
The soul that hides,
The heart that aches,
The dream that plays hide n seek,
Makes me like a mouse running from cat.
Numbness in eyes,
Lost words in speech,
Free fall in body,
Shakes me like life destroyed in hurricane.
The hidden hope,
The secret desires,
The untold wishes,
Blocks my way like butterflies attached to colours.
The conflicts in thoughts,
The fight with reality,
The struggle with faith;
Leaves me in Bizarreness of my own identity.
jahanvi .......................'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Battle Within by jahanvi ....................... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A JUNKYARD WAR حرب الخردة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Demon Eyes, Jeri Martindale
- Monsoon magic: Green Scene, Roann Mendriq
- Monsoon magic: Rain of tears, Roann Mendriq
- sPeLLed - NO SIGHN OF BLUNT FORCE, sEaN nOrTh
- Eastwoodesque, James Thomas Miller
- limerick update, lee fones
- The Perfect Gift, James Thomas Miller
- Henry Higgins Reflects on Modern Life, David McLansky
- Instructions for the Lost, David Keplinger