The Battle Within
The drink in the glass,
The music in the air,
The silence in the night,
The darkness in the path;
Consoles me like my companion.
The soul that hides,
The heart that aches,
The dream that plays hide n seek,
Makes me like a mouse running from cat.
Numbness in eyes,
Lost words in speech,
Free fall in body,
Shakes me like life destroyed in hurricane.
The hidden hope,
The secret desires,
The untold wishes,
Blocks my way like butterflies attached to colours.
The conflicts in thoughts,
The fight with reality,
The struggle with faith;
Leaves me in Bizarreness of my own identity.
jahanvi .......................'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Battle Within by jahanvi ....................... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Through A Ghostly Patch of Memories, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Smiles Politely, Mae AC.
- The Painting of A Sigh, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- A Child Is Born, Heather Burns
- Suicidal Hypocricy, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Shedding Light On A Gleam, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Political Suppression The Face Off, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- On Leaving To Come Back, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Oblivious Unconscious, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Addiction, Michael P. McParland