Eyes innocent, eyes glazed
Long travels behind us,
A path, blazed.
Forget the past, an outlook I cast,
A celebration is in store.
Minus worries, minus burdens at last,
Excitement fills our core.
A view of true beauty and wonder.
With you I grow fonder,
Of those special times in life
Where we make no room for strife.
This is it, the moment is now,
Where together we toast,
To a coast as pleasant I vow,
To preserve you.
For I'm speechless,
Here, I take this stance,
No promise of another chance,
So I give one last glance,
And make a toast to the beaches.
Nate Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beaches by Nate Morris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Gun, Rage'n Curtis
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Choice, Edith Nesbit
Poem of the Day
- Break Off From Your Sins II, Edward Kofi Louis
- My First Poem, Emelita C. Smith
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma