Eyes innocent, eyes glazed
Long travels behind us,
A path, blazed.
Forget the past, an outlook I cast,
A celebration is in store.
Minus worries, minus burdens at last,
Excitement fills our core.
A view of true beauty and wonder.
With you I grow fonder,
Of those special times in life
Where we make no room for strife.
This is it, the moment is now,
Where together we toast,
To a coast as pleasant I vow,
To preserve you.
For I'm speechless,
Here, I take this stance,
No promise of another chance,
So I give one last glance,
And make a toast to the beaches.
Nate Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beaches by Nate Morris )
- As and when, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond in a rough, Aftab Alam
- Pollution, Lavanya Pati
- Early union, hasmukh amathalal
- EXTRA FOR BREAKFAST, Terry Collett
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 February 1970-)
Alan W. Jankowski
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)