The Beauty Of November
A cool breeze and warm sunshine I love these days of Spring
And in park at Mermaid Waters the wild birds chirp and sing
And the young noisy miner as big as mother now
But still he calls to her for food upon the sunlit bough.
These warm days of November made cool by the freshening breeze
The beauty of the southern Spring and fruit buds on fruit trees
I feel that heaven from this place can't be too far away
And it is good to be alive on such a balmy day.
The beauty of November in this Southern Hemisphere
When Nature looks her finest and Summer days are near
The Poets and the Painters Mother Nature glorify
But there is more to Nature than ever meets the eye.
A warm day in November and blue the southern skies
And in park at Mermaid Waters the bees and butterflies
Are flitting in the sunshine from flower to bush and tree
And Nature in her splendour you do not pay to see.
And I feel if there's a heaven it can't be far away
From park at Mermaid Waters on this bright November day
Buds and flowers on bush and shrub and tree and the wild birds chirp and sing
And a cool breeze from the ocean blow on this warm day in Spring.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beauty Of November by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
- Forgotten Bridge, Tim Labbe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)