The Beauty Of November
A cool breeze and warm sunshine I love these days of Spring
And in park at Mermaid Waters the wild birds chirp and sing
And the young noisy miner as big as mother now
But still he calls to her for food upon the sunlit bough.
These warm days of November made cool by the freshening breeze
The beauty of the southern Spring and fruit buds on fruit trees
I feel that heaven from this place can't be too far away
And it is good to be alive on such a balmy day.
The beauty of November in this Southern Hemisphere
When Nature looks her finest and Summer days are near
The Poets and the Painters Mother Nature glorify
But there is more to Nature than ever meets the eye.
A warm day in November and blue the southern skies
And in park at Mermaid Waters the bees and butterflies
Are flitting in the sunshine from flower to bush and tree
And Nature in her splendour you do not pay to see.
And I feel if there's a heaven it can't be far away
From park at Mermaid Waters on this bright November day
Buds and flowers on bush and shrub and tree and the wild birds chirp and sing
And a cool breeze from the ocean blow on this warm day in Spring.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beauty Of November by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Moisture, Chideraza Lowell
- Bharatheeyakavitha, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Not A Sound, Tango Tango
- - People? - (Haiku), Joe Muschaweck
- 男人赋, qin xing
- Genetic Predisposition Towords Violence, Is It Poetry
- Wild Is The Churning Of The Winds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honesty, Nassy Fesharaki
- Do Not Be Serious, Kumarmani Mahakul
- 24/7, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)