.........................The Book Of Lilith, Part 1
We were birthed by the same Mother.
Should that not make us
sister and brother,
from the Earth, by God?
And the seventy-two Sanhedrin
spat their lines into Script....
'God made woman from Adam's rib',
thus a part, only, of man....
Adam and his subservient downfall, Eve.
Lilith became first divorce,
by asserting equality of
man and his woman.
Adam needed to be superior.
What was this great fear of Adam?
Wasn't it enough to be first man?
What threat would equality bring?
Wasn't this what we fight for today?
The taboo of incest is not part
of the Ten Commandments.
Brother and sister, the first
And Eve, sister-in-law
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.........................The Book Of Lilith, Part 1 by elysabeth faslund )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak