I've stepped onto the merry-go-round
and as it goes around
I don't quite know which horse to choose,
the white, the black or brown?
If I choose the sleek black one
might I not feel like a King?
And since he's on the outside
might I not snatch a ring?
If I choose the white horse
might I not feel like a queen?
And since she's one that goes up and down
might I feel like I'm in-between?
But if I choose the brown horse
might I not feel just like she?
For since she's in front of the other two
they'll never catch up to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Caliope by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer
- Only one poet knows me., Jena Crowe
- Release Me To Those Fresh Breezes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I SPEAK NOT, I TRACE NOT, I BREATHE NOT .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- sunglasses and cheap gum, Jena Crowe
- Timeless Poems, Tirupathi Chandrupatla