Beside the candle
We sing but still bicker
Watching the flames -
We quarrel as they flicker.
Though causeways are slowly bridged
While the wax pool grows steady,
And eyes transfixed, we wait -
As the last act is ready.
With exuberant zeal
We seize a brief chance
To shatter the silence
And jovially dance!
A baptism soon awaits:
Rather grave and tough to handle,
Though just for the moment
We are reprieved by the candle.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Candle by Jack Growden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Like spring, hasmukh amathalal
- And I will, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- আশীর্বাদ, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman