The Changing Writing Material
The ancient Chinese used bamboo to write
but the Egyptian fancy on Papyrus reeds took flight.
The Tamils registered their Classics on palm leaves
and each Tamil recalls the havoc by the tsunamis and grieves.
The remnants retrieved brought back the mirth
and the Tamil language had her glorious rebirth.
The invention of paper, a Chinese Cai Lun made
and the technology into Europe did invade;
when the Chinese in Kazakhstan had their rout
and the Arabs off the war-field walked triumphantly out.
The Chinese prisoners trickled the trick of paper-making art
and facilitated the Print Revolution in Europe in part.
The slates and notebooks are now things of old age
as the laptops and iPods wars to hamlets wage.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Changing Writing Material by rajendran muthiah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmai Uppu