The Church In The Oak Grove
Sunshine shifting, shadows moving,
The day a keeper, comes as perfect April,
Embraces the land,
Spreads its miracle
Like the cloak of St. Brigit of Kildare.
Oaks - straight, tall spiral to cerulean blue.
Air soft and pure calls to broken hearts,
Lives for lost ones and sad children.
High light stone bench on Springtime's tide
Beckons all pagans to sit
In the woodland chapel.
The forest gives its firewood,
Promises berries that ripen -
Manna for the hungry soul.
The heart of earth is fertile;
Spirit water flows in all seasons.
His Holiness emanates -
It's aura a halo of white light which pulsates
In harmony with the clouds.
The King has returned.
His words beg the stricken,
The sick, the searching
To hear and sing praises
To life everlasting,
To our Heavenly home.
Written upon reflection of a day in April
at Wickham Park, Manchester, CT.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Church In The Oak Grove by Julyn Pride )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Sensation Of Cleansing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A vase of flowers, Leong Ming Loong
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra