Charlie F. Kane
The City At Night
The city is very beautiful at night.
To see the shimmering lights
In the buildings around,
Beacons to the minds eye.
The cars slide through the dark
And then disappear again
Into the dark corners of the nights.
The people weave in and out
Of the fabric of the night air,
Appearing briefly as a
Silhouetted puppets in the night sky.
The city is always very beautiful at night.
© Charlie F. Kane
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The City At Night by Charlie F. Kane )
- If Only, Kshitiz Guptaa
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)