Charlie F. Kane
The City At Night
The city is very beautiful at night.
To see the shimmering lights
In the buildings around,
Beacons to the minds eye.
The cars slide through the dark
And then disappear again
Into the dark corners of the nights.
The people weave in and out
Of the fabric of the night air,
Appearing briefly as a
Silhouetted puppets in the night sky.
The city is always very beautiful at night.
© Charlie F. Kane
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The City At Night by Charlie F. Kane )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaos on 11-12-2007, Kyle Schlicher
- Withpout A White European Wife, One Cann.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- For Instance, Everything May Be Divisibl.., G.C. Waldrep
- A Bird Is A Desperate, G.C. Waldrep
- Area Of Dog, G.C. Waldrep
- Sonnet: Has the End Come?, Dr John Celes
- Time Is The Distance, Kyle Schlicher
- What is Performance, G.C. Waldrep
- What is a Soprano, G.C. Waldrep
- What Begins Bitterly Becomes Another Lov.., G.C. Waldrep