The Clocks Go Back!
The clocks go back an hour's time,
Just like they did last year,
No 2nd chance, we've got 2 climb
Stepladders still, I fear...
2 twiddle with the hour hands
2 get the darn things right,
I'm sure each person understands,
It's not safe while at night!
A power cut and we'll fall down,
Good luck with how we land,
No wonder that I wear a frown
At how such things are planned...
But if we wait till daylight shows,
We sleep and then forget,
Until confusion grows and grows
That each knows with regret...
I'll put a note beside my bed,
My kettle and TV,
Reminding that there's change ahead
And so it's up 2 me...
Since 2am is far 2 late,
For folks 2 play tick-tock,
I'll put things right at half-past-eight,
Instead of 2 o'clock!
Denis Martindale, copyright, October 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Clocks Go Back! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi